my thoughts on the goodness of life...

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Can You See It?

So, here I've finally entered into the world of blogdom. Yet another facet of cyberspace to occupy my less-than-abundant time. My reason for beginning this open document of my life is that I've noticed many odd things floating around in my mind lately. Good things, thought provoking things, and just really strange things (likely pertaining to daily occurrences in the most eccentric part of this country. More examples soon to follow.)

Divine abundance is defined as "the property of a more than adequate quantity or supply emanating from God." I've chosen this title for my writings because I feel these words capture closely the perspective I'm venturing to view my life - not because I've attained monumental wealth or even that I've been shielded from suffering. I have not and I hope never am.

Rather, I will choose this lavishness in unlikely places. In the beauty of the snowcapped mountains outside our window. In the cupboards of kitchen. In that fresh pot of coffee. In the authentic face of a homeless friend. In the surroundings of a beautifully destroyed yet soon-to-be restored 'apartment' that we will soon call home. In the patience of my husband as he unties the world's biggest knot in my yarn ball. An infinite list no doubt.

And so here begins my attempt to document all the ways I will choose to view the daily, even mundane moments of life that really are the hidden gifts we so often fail to notice.

Some may say extreme optimism. I say shift in perspective. Here goes...